11/22/04

Still Listening?

"There was a time when I thought that I had You
figured out
I told You before and I'll say once more
Now and then I have my doubts
I'll never pretend to know what You are doing
It's true that You move in mysterious ways

I looked for You in
The fire and the wind
But You weren't there as far as I could see
I thought I'd hear You shout
But then I figured it out
That all along You're whispering to me"
Still Listening ~ Third Day


How many times do we ask God to show himself in a big way, just so we can know He is there? How many times to we ask for some sign that He cares for us, something out of the ordinary? And how many times do we get dissapointed when we dont get that big, miraculous sign? All too often. You know why? Because God doesn't need to shout to be heard by us, as much as we think He should. He whispers His love to us every day. Don't believe me? Think about it. You woke up this morning, didn't you? You saw someone smile at you, didn't you? You felt a breeze blow by, or saw the sun come out or felt the rain fall on your face. You felt love for someone, or felt the love someone has for you. You saw a rainbow, a flower bloom, a baby born. These are all little miracles that wouldn't happen at all if God did not exsist, or didn't love us. All too often these little "whisperings" get over looked when all we want is a lightning flash or an audible voice. It's the little things that we take for granted that really show how God cares.

So next time you feel like you need a "sign" that God cares at all, stop and ask yourself, "Did I wake up this morning?" Without a doubt, you'll have your answer.

No comments: