2/1/12

Grammar Can Be Sexy

I grew up with the nickname "the spelling nazi." Over the years, I have added grammar to my repertoire, though I'm not perfect at it myself. There are comment grammar mistakes that REALLY irk me. Always have, always will. This is one of them.

Spelling is still my biggest peeve. Mostly the use of single letters or numbers in the place of words. Want to make me cringe? That's how.

For the most part I am too nice to say anything. I know not everyone finds it as irritating, and I know that if I corrected everyone, I would probably cease to have friends. So I keep these irritations to myself.

Facebook is the worst place for spelling... I know most people type their posts in a hurry, and fingers slip on keys. But when I scroll down my newsfeed and see posts from college grads who just posted about "being board".... it is all I can do to not correct them.

Ok, I am off my soap box now. I know I just posted about not complaining about people, but I needed to get this out of my system. This will not be shared with Facebook, so if you found this post, well, you asked for it.

1 comment:

Andy said...

That's my girl!