11/20/08

Close to a semester's end

Whew... we're almost done. I can see the end of the tunnel!

This semester has been a hard one for so many people I know. I don't know what is different, but people have been struggling in classes, friendships, relationship, work, and sleep. To the naked eye, nothing is different, but something unseen is causing trouble.

Jordan and I are counting down the days to the end of the semester... This has definitely been his hardest semester... the poor boy has been working on 18 credits worth of classes. To put it into perspective, 12-16 is considered full time, and anything more needs extra permission and money. But come December 19th, he will be 18 credits closer to graduation.

I have been floating along with only 13 credits, and still struggling to stay on top. I think wedding plans are distracting. Next semester I am only taking 12 credits, and 3 of those are not even a semester-long classes. I think I'll be sticking to 12 credits from now on as well. Once I'm married, and Jordan is working, I'll want time for life, not just school. (plus that nasty word, WORK)

We are slowly getting used to the idea that in 6 months we will be living together, cooking together, washing laundry together, arguing over chores together, and just simply existing together. I honestly am not sure how I will manage for the first little while. We have lived the last 3 years with a curfew. Come 11:00 (1:00 now) it's time to send him home... but then... I will be home for him.

The idea of waking up next to someone I love so much is indescribable. I can't wait for the little things, like seeing our toothbrushes standing next to each other by the sink... making breakfast for two... sharing a sock drawer... drinking morning coffee together... grocery shopping together.

This man who has seen all my good days and bad days and even the hellish days... but who is still there, wanting to marry me... It's hard to believe such a man exists... but there he is. He's not perfect, he's had his good days and bad days and butthead days just like me. Luckly, the butthead days and the witch days don't fall on the same day usually.

I am really truly blessed to be able to call him mine. And I am honored to call myself his. In 6 months, when we make the ultimate promise to each other, when we seal the deal, I will be The Happiest Girl on Earth.

Until then, I wait extremely impatiently for May 17. And I love him... my Jordan. :-)

No comments: