11/19/09

20 Lines of Dialogue

A, a woman, sitting on a couch with B, her husband/boyfriend. B is playing a video game, A is watching, but not terribly interested.

A. Hunny, can you go make some coffee?

B. Sure, just a sec. (continues playing Wii game)

A. (waits a second) Hun, can you please go make some coffee?

B. (impatiently) I said I would, just a minute.

A. Never mind, I’ll go make some coffee. (stands)

B. No, I said I’d make it. Just let me finish this race.

A. (sits down in a huff) And how long will that be?

B. Just a minute.

A. You already said it would be just a minute 5 minutes ago!

B. Fine. I’m done, see? I’ll go make some coffee.

A. Thank you! (sits back and stares at the video game on the screen.)

B. (from the kitchen) Why do I have to make the coffee, anyway? If you wanted it that bad, you could have made it.

A. I made it last time. Besides, I said I’d make it and you told me no.

B. Well, I’m making it now.

A. Thank you.
(coffee maker beeps. B is making a cup of coffee.)

B. (walking back into the room and sitting down.) Coffee’s done. (slurps off his mug of coffee.)

A. Where’s my mug?

B. Probably in the cupboard. (goes back to video game)

A. But I asked you to make me a coffee!

B. No, you asked me to make some coffee. I did. And it’s quite yummy.

No comments: