11/12/07

I learned...

This weekend was one of discovery. Allow me to share...

After waking up a little late for church, and realizing that the pants I wanted to wear had not been ironed yet, I went in search of the ironing board and iron that can usually be found in the kitchenette. The board was there, the iron was not. So I had to either go to church wearing pants that looked like they had dried tied in a knot, or, find some other way of ironing them. Dilemma! But, I figured something out. My hair straightener works to iron clothes! Who would'a thunk it? Yep, I learned that a hair straightener can be used as an iron.

After church, while we were sitting at potluck, I learned something else! There were two little girls playing by the wall behind us. Keith was sitting across from me and saw them. He decided to try something. So he pulled out his pen/flashlight/laser-pointer and pointed it at the wall next to where the girls were playing. Sure enough, it worked. Like cats they started climbing the walls after the little red light. So, when you have a room full of adults, and two little girls, you can use a laser pointer to entertain everybody!!!

See, a day full of lessons that I will take with me for years to come.

No comments: