2/6/08

safety invaded

Why do I feel edgy and uncomfortable in an environment I'm so used to? And for no visible reason?

There's an older gentleman on campus who threatened a girl a couple weeks ago on the Greenway. It got the girls dorm semi-locked down, setting off the building's alert system with a description of the guy and warning the girls to not go anywhere alone. The police were called, but as far as I know, nothing was done. I guess they think he's bi-polar.

Tonight, as I walked into Brock with Jordan, we were told the guy was on campus again and had been spotted IN Brock! Apparently he is wearing tan pants and a plaid shirt.

None of us in the Mac Lab tonight have actually seen this guy, but now we are checking around every corner and fearful of leaving the building alone. But we personally have not seen him. So why are we scared?

I walk these halls every day. I know every classroom. I know most of the people who are here right now, and if I don't know them, I still see them every day.

But someone has invaded the safeness of my little world. And it's put me on edge. I don't like it.

No comments: