1/9/12

A New Year

It has been 2012 for 9 days. I'm still not completely comfortable with writing 2012 on my checks, but lucky for me, I don't write many checks!

This year has brought with it so many blessings, I don't even know where to begin. I suppose I should start with last year.

In the last few months of 2011, a lot has happened in my family.
First, Jordan and I are expecting our first child in May, and on Christmas Eve, Jordan was able to feel the baby kick for the first time. If that's not a blessing, I don't know what is. We are both so excited for this little bundle!

My brother got a job at the Patomic Conference of Seventh-day Adventist doing what he loves. A lot of his new life in Virginia was up in the air, even up to the day he started work. He didn't have an apartment, nor the means to get one. But the Lord blessed, and he was able to find a place within his first week, and had the money he needed.

A couple of weeks before the new year, Jordan told me that a local ministry that he works with was looking for a communications director. He had recommended me for the position. We went on vacation, and I didn't get a chance to call about the job until last week. The job was still available!

I had an interview with In Discipleship last Wednesday, and on Thursday I was offered the job, and asked if I could start that afternoon! This job is such a blessing for us, because not only is it supplemental income for my family, but it is part time, and I am able to work from home. Once the baby comes, I will still be able to work, putting in only a couple of hours a day. I can still be a stay-at-home mom! I think it will be a lot of fun.

With this job and the extra income, Jordan and I will soon be able to get internet at the house (which I will need for work). I am hoping to be able to blog a lot more. We have many changes coming, and our families are spread out all over the US. I would like this to be a connection between us and family, especially after the baby arrives.

I used to blog daily before I started college. I've really been missing it lately. The urge to write hits me really hard sometimes! I want to start writing daily again. It was such a blessing for me when I wrote before, even if no one else read what I wrote. Writing has always been a kind of outlet for me, a place to me to get my thoughts in order, work through things, or expound on things that made me stop and say "Wow!" I hope you won't mind if I start again.

I already have a few posts floating around in my head that I might try to get written down before I forget them. So watch for posts about Tebow and cloth diapers!

No comments: