9/7/05

Starbucks, Cashews, and a Psychotic Canary

It's Wednesday. Hump Day. Middle of the week.

And it's 3:18pm.

Sunny with a high of 75.

The Big Dig is still going on, only the excavation site has moved from my room to the front porch. All the stuff I put in boxes to just get OUT ended up on the porch, and now has to be sorted. This morning my room looked clean! Now, not so much...

Class started last night. It's a college transition class. We'll be going over study skills, english, math, and some other useful college info. Goes til the middle of December, just like a college semester. So far, so good, though I already have homework! Nothing too hard though. So, for the next 15 weeks, I'll be gone Tue. and Thur. evenings, from about 5:30 to 9:30 as the class is from 6 to 9.

Anyone want a bird? I have a psychotic canary that needs a good home. I have limited space in my room as it is, and the bird is taking up valuable space. I wont tell you how it likes to stick it's head thru the bars of it's cage... or repeatedly jumps from dish to swing to branch to dish to swing to branch.... making sure the swing hits the side of the cage every time with a BANG. Nice bird!

So, I got a new cd yesterday. Matthew West's "History". Very good, I highly recommend it! There are so many good songs on this cd, but with current events, both here and around the world, I want to share one particular song with you.

"When a nation cries
When a loved one dies
When we wonder why
I still know you're there
When nights are long
In a world gone wrong
There's still a feeling so strong
That tells me you're there
You're so undeniable
You're so unconfinable
And you're love is so reliable
And it tells me you're there

So if the whole wide world says
You're not there
Well, I still know you're there
And even if they call me crazy
I don't care
I still know you're there
And if they say there's no such thing
as heaven or a God who waits for me
I just point to the air
And I know you're there"

Thats just one verse and the chorus. Pretty cool, huh? It's something we have to keep in mind, with all the distruction resulting from hurricane Katrina, it can be easy for some to doubt God's presence. But this song reminds us that even though we are living in a dying world, God IS still there!! And He's got a reason for all of this. Whether it's just to bring out the "Good Samaritan" in all of us, or to let us know His coming is REALLY close, there's a reason.

I personally home He comes soon... I dont know how much more of all this I can handle. I'm ready to go home.

Another song from the same cd, really beautiful:

"There is a longing deep inside my soul
There is a place my spirit wants to go
It's far away from all these chains that bind
There is a world I long to leave behind

So I wait and I wait
I wait for the moment when You come for me
And rescue my heart from the pain that it's seen
Troubles are circling all around me
And I can't stop thinking

Just a few more days I'll be going home
Just a few more hours and I'll be flying
It could be any minute now
That You take me away
Or maybe just a few more days
A few more days

To you a day is like a thousand years
And only you know when the clouds will clear.
So, let me not forget and fall away
Because a thousand years could be today"

Interesting thought, huh? I thought so.

I checked out the Ace place where my brother works. They can't hire relatives of employees. Oh well. I picked up an application on the way home for a garden center/nursery on the way home. They said they didnt have any openings, but I could apply and they'd go from there. So who knows. I need to find a job.

I don't know how to go about it though, finding a job. I mean, if I am able to go to school in January, I'll have to quit whatever job I find here. But there's a chance that I wont make it to Southern in Jan. So what do I plan for now? Do I find a job and let them know I MIGHT not stay? Or should I just plan on staying? I dont know!! Ahhhhh!!!

Well, my Starbucks is gone now. The last of my stash. I think I need to go shopping again.

Time to get back to digging!
love and hugs!

No comments: