12/7/05

Look out the window...

See the glow? Right there, on the horizon. That's Concord, NH. We have officially been lit up for Christmas.

I drove home the back way tonight, to avoid shopping traffic, and there were so many lights on the side of the road, I could have turned my headlights off and still been able to see the road clearly!!

White lights are IN! Apparently. Which is OK, cause I love white lights. But they are EVERYWHERE! There are these funky white light coils out now. Ya stick the stick at one end in the ground, and stretch it out, and stick the stick at the other end in the ground, and it looks like friendly barbed wire!! Ha!

There are also twisty white "trees," and fake trees that are really just all lights, and fiber-optic trees, even!!! Lights are out!! Well, not really.

The funniest things I've been seeing are inflatable "things." A couple weeks ago, I saw an inflatable turkey. I've seen an inflatable football player. Now, I'm seeing inflatable christmas-y things! I saw two inflatable snowmen tonight. One was standing tall and proud, watching over the elves and gnomes accompanying him in the yard. The other was standing further back, humble, and actually bowed over. It looked like he was tipping his hat to me! I liked that one better.

And then I saw it. I dont know why it was there. I dont know where it came from. I saw... an inflatable spongebob squarepants, with a big black belt and a santa hat, climbing out of an inflatable chimney. Why? I don't know.

So yes, the glow on the horizon is Concord. White lights, colored lights, big lights, sheets of lights, snowmen, trees, santas, and candles in every window. Electric bills will be high by mid-January!

I'm trying to get into the spirit of things, trying to listen to Christmas music more, trying to think about shopping for family... But I've got so much other stuff on my mind at the same time, it's been really hard to think about the season. I'll probably be ready for Christmas by January... maybe February...

Pray for money for college! That's all that could stand in my way right now. We're working towards getting the money we need, but it's a long and stressful process. So please keep me in your prayers!

Hugs to everyone!

No comments: