2/22/05

thoughts

It's quarter past one in the morning, and I'm still awake. I just barely came into my room for the night! Craaaaaazy stuff. But hey, this is me, what more could ya expect? ;-)

We had a board meeting at the church tonight. I only attended long enough to plug the blood drive I'm organizing, then I went home again (took about ten minutes longer cause of the icky snow on the roads). But I've heard all about what went on. It amazes me how shallow our church has become. Everything revolves around money, and hardly around God. Yes, they have good intentions with some of their plans, but they go about it all the wrong way. We spend more time arguing and misunderstanding at these board meetings than we glorify God. It's not right, but I have no power to change it. It frustrates me. (if anyone ever wants to experience my temper, mention renting, cleaning, or decorating my church...just make sure you're prepared to deal with the torrent that will ensue.) I'm really struggling to have a Christian attitude with these situations and the people (boneheads) involved. It's very hard for me, for my family. Whoever reads this, take a moment and pray for me about that, will you? Thanks.

On another note, school. Ah, the word that doesnt like me at the moment. As I confided in a friend, I wish no one knew my school situation. As it is, more people know that I'd like, and its embarrassing. A certain few tend to nag on me about it, and it gets real old real fast. (No, Judd, you're not one of them. ;-) ) This is a public statement (for those who read this) that no longer will my schooling situation be widely known, except to those who I want to discuss it with. Hopefully this will reduce nagging. Who knows.... Nothing depresses me more than talk about my schooling right now... so yeah.........

On to brighter subjects, as I mentioned before, I am organizing a blood drive. I'm really getting excited about it too. I'm hoping to invite all the Adventist churches in the area to take part, as well as non-Adventist. I'm going to invite the Governer, and some other important people (how many blood drives to they get personally invited to, anyways?) I'm aiming to have this drive take place in May, though I don't have a date set yet. Once I do, I'll make it known, and whoever is in the area at that time is VERY welcome to come down and donate! Will keep you updated!

Now it's getting late, I need to get to sleep before I yawn so much that my jaw gets stuck (with the state my jaw is in right now, it could happen!)

Good night!

No comments: