1/28/05

Divine Appointment!

It's amazing who you'll meet in a gas station!

Today, my gas light came on. (it happens sometimes...) So my brother and I pulled into the local Shell to fill up. He washed my windows while I pumped, cause he's a good brother. I went inside to pay and buy a couple sodas. As I went to pay, the cashier asked me what my hat said. (I was wearing my white Stric'ly Jesus hat) I told her, and she asked what it meant. I said "It means my life is strictly for Jesus." She said "So is mine." She told me she's been saved since she was 5, and that it's been hard living in the world, but not of the world. She told me it was good to see young people who are serious about God. When I walked away, she was smiling.

It's always good to smile at people you meet, but thats not always what they look at. Today, I didnt wear my heart on my sleeve, it was on my hat, but people still saw it. This was the first person to comment on it, but I dont even know how many people have read it.

That encounter has had me smiling since. It just goes to show that you can be a witness without even trying. What a good feeling! Maybe I'll wear that hat more often....

No comments: