3/22/05

Spring, Spring, a BEAUTIFUL Thing!

It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood! The sun is shining, the air is warm(er), and the snow is melting!! Haha! Apparently there have been rumors of a storm coming in later this week, but all I can find is reports of possible rain, which is FINE with me!! Rain will help the snow melt! Though, rain will also make our road even more muddy then it already is. As it is now, it's getting close to the consistancy of melted fudge. With rain, it would quickly become chocolate pudding. POTHOLES GALORE! Wahoo!

With spring comes the inevitable Spring Cleaning. Mom has already begun with that. The house smells like Pinesol and visions of paint are dancing in our heads. And once again, I look around my tiny bedroom, crowded with furniture that mostly only serves as a catch-all, and my plain white walls, pockmarked with tack holes, and my used-to-be-blue-now-stained-by-old-dog carpet, and I just want to do SOMETHING!

My two windows are currently blocked by tall furniture, since I have no spare wall space for them. My floor is littered with birdseed and litter from the canary in the corner, I've had the same bedspread for the past 2 years. (not too bad, but again, it IS spring...)

I've always wanted to paint my walls green.

Hardwood floors would be nice too. With a rug.

And shelves... lot of shelves...

"I have a dream..."

But I'm hopefully leaving for college in the fall, so why do a bunch of renovations to my room if I'm going to be leaving soon? I'm sure Leah is going to adopt this room as soon as I'm out, she'd love a room of her own.

I wonder how she feels about green walls...

But I'm going to camp in a couple of months, I won't even be here to enjoy the green walls....

Grr, I hate being reasonable sometimes.

Maybe I'll just vacuum.

Hmmm.....

No comments: