3/19/05

What a day.....

I just had the most horrible church experience ever today... It scared me.

The Washington, NH Seventh-day Adventist church needs PRAYER! During the winter, they are meeting in a Congregational church, since their church isnt heated. At the moment, their congregation is split due to one man. This man and his family had asked to have their names removed from membership, do not acknowledge the Conference, or associate themselves with the Adventist church. Yet they still control the worship services and the bank account of the Washington Adventsit Church.

This guy owns a Jag, in impeccable condition. I think he scrubs his tires every morning...

Today my Pastor was asked, by the conference, to preach in this church. Knowing my family is a big advocate for prayer, he asked my Dad, my brother, and me to come along as prayer cover. The guys were better off then me. Before "Sabbath School" had even started, I was in tears.

This guy lead out in "song service" to start with, which consisted of "singing" different passages from the Bible. All of 3 people were singing, and the sound sent chills down my spine. If any of you have heard Charlie Daniels' "The Devil Went Down To Georgia", and know the part where the "Devil" joins in with his fiddle, thats what this singing sounded like. They were off key, but in harmony. The voices blended, but were so off that it sounded so evil.

Finally, my Pastor, I dont know how he did it, but he stood up just as they finished one of their songs, and announced that he was starting Sabbath School now. The Jag guy insisted on continuing, WHILE my pastor was still speaking. He talked through the prayer, and would not sit down when Pastor started talking. "Sabbath School" consisted of both of them talking at the same time, struggling to be heard. Several people got up and tried to get Jag guy to sit down, but he refused, rather loudly too. I left then. I went out to the foyer, not able to listen anymore. I dont know how Aaron and Dad were able to sit through that quietly.

Eventually I went back in and just stood at the back, praying. That's when I started crying. That sanctuary was under such heavy oppression, it was incredible. I ended up having to just leave the building, I was crying so hard. I spent the rest of the time there sitting out in my car (which ended up overheating, to make the day so much better) reading my Bible by myself.

My Pastor eventually said, ok. We're going to have our church downstairs, you can do what you like up here. Of the approx. 20 people there, I believe 6 went downstairs with him, including my Dad and brother. I was so completely tired after that... I almost fell asleep in the car, sitting in the sun. (Which was a big comfort to me at the time, I'm so glad it was a beautiful day, weather-wise.)

Apparently the Conference will be taking action now. Today was the last straw. They wanted to see if Jag guy would sit down and bow out gracefully, but he didnt. In fact, he still stood standing quite biligerently. ( It very well could have come to blows today)

This church needs MAJOR prayer, and NOW. Don't wait until Saturday again. There is such spiritual warfare going on in that building, and in that congregation... It still scares me. I've never been in a situation like that. I'd be perfectly happy if I never was again. I can't say it enough, please pray for this church!

I was so tired out, I came home and took a nap...didnt wake up til 6, and I'm still tired. I'll probably go to bed when I'm done writing this.

Please, please, please pray!

No comments: